Thursday, January 8, 2009

mY American idoL


This is Casey Nash, formally known as Casey Bunn or Bunner. In highschool a dear friend of mine would say when the both of us were together, "Aww, its Lambchops & Bunner." :) She is one of my best friends and always will be. Casey is what you call a true athlete or one who would star in the movie Love & Basketball. We played sports together in highschool; basketball, volleyball & softball. Well she started out freshman year playing track instead of softball, but my Dad being the head softball coach and knowing what an athlete she was....Deffinately wanted her on OUR TEAM. He would go to her house and talk to her parents about playing and really tried to make it seem so awesome to be a softball player. He deffinately had high hopes that she would come and make a great asset to our team and become, not only a basketball star but a softball one too! There was once a little joke made that he would buy her anything if she would come play, well she said, She always dreamed of having a jeep wrangler.. haha. He was seriously going to go get one (rent it for a day) and have it sitting at her house when she got home from school....But I think she agreed before he had to! But I know he would have done it, just because he was that kind of person. :)
Well she played softball and her junior year I believe made 1st team all league first base & Player of the YEAR! That's how much he believed in her. And She also helped us WiN a State Championship our senior year!!! So cool.
My friend Casey got a full ride to play @ OUS and I watched he school a bunch of players from all of the world. And yes, she did get her dream car, a white Jeep Wrangler....but it sits in the shop until she returns from acrossed the globe. Because she is now playing basketball in Spain and her wonderful husband is playing basketball in Holland! The Life of Two ballers! I love this girl and can't wait for her to come home!
"Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God." Philippians 1:3
basketball Pictures, Images and Photos

1 comment:

My Grandkids ROCK said...

Yes Mindy, Casey is our American Idol too. How can someone be so talented, smart, incredibly nice and beautiful all in one? I wish we could watch her play in Spain. Can't wait till she comes home. Mom