Thursday, January 1, 2009

Calling All Angels for 2009

new year or happy new year Pictures, Images and Photos

The year of 2009 is here and I believe it can only get better. But I do wish I could call God and have him send all his Angels just so we know that it will be ok and we can get through another year. I might not have God's cell phone number, but praying does help and I know he does listen.

It's funny how sometimes people believe things, even if it is to make them feel better. But what if silly things we try to believe are really true? For instance, I, myself, believe in "signs". Signs sent from God that make me feel better about a certain moment or thought that I might have. Right now I have been seeing signs about my Dad.

Air plane Pictures, Images and Photos
When I hear airplanes.....to me, that is a sign that my Dad is saying hi. He is saying hey, I'm always going to be there for you. I am still your silly Dad and I love you! So when I step outside some days I will hear that sound and for a split second I think of him and smile. And my day goes a little better just because what I believe.
old photo of flying doves Pictures, Images and Photos
Another sign I believe is.....when I will be thinking about something and.......I will look up, and a bird will fly off into the sky. And for that second I breath a little stronger. I don't know why, but to me, that bird is a sign of HOPE. Not every bird I see does this, because I know there is a gazillion, But in the moment of a sad thought it sometimes happens that a bird flies gracefully off into the distance and it releases tension or something that makes me feel a tiny bit better.

I could go on for hours about certain things like signs, but I probably would go crazy. So for now , those are my signs. They are tiny things that make a huge impact on my day.

Happy New Years to you All & God Bless!

4 comments:

My Grandkids ROCK said...

Yes Mindy I look for signs too. When something funny happens, I think of Dad. When I hear a small plane, I know he would be flying up above us, watching us. When Connor and Caleb get butterscotch dilly bars cuz Pa liked that kind. I know that he is our angel. Love Mom

Journal Swag said...

I absolutely see signs, and am a true believer. God sometimes gives me signs when I am praying or "yelling at Him" if you know what I mean. Thank Heavens he is forgiving, huh? I'm so glad HE has a wonderful sense of humor! Sometimes things happen to me while I'm thinking about people, or making things for someone I don't even know. They receive it, and then they say that I couldn't have known this or that, and that it turns up in my work as a very specific sign to them.

Oh my gosh, I see your Mom's comment, I know her! You're the daughter with the beautiful wedding?

Joy's friend Sheila

*Little Miss Nye* said...

Oh Miss Mindy...I just read all of your blogs, and I loved everyone! Especially this one. I miss your Dad every day, but lil reminders of him, always make my heart smile. I like to look at it, as the 'signs' we see being God's lil love notes. And we both know there's nothing better than finding a lil love note in the most unexpected places! Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I love you Sister! MWAH

~Kelly~ said...

I believe in signs too! Mostly from my Grandma, Honey. I believe they are just little ways of saying hello or I Love You. I love the warmth I feel in my heart when I see these signs. I have no doubt that your Dad is watching over you and giving you those little special "moments."